Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Fresh from my Garden

With a forecast temperature of 37 Celsius for today, it was important to pick my produce early while it was still in peak condition after the night air.  The following photo shows the fruit and vegetables that I picked this morning --


Fresh from my Garden -- 4 December 2012
This assortment contains Beetroot, Silver Beet, Zucchini, Tomatoes, PawPaw, Dwarf French Beans, Parsley, Mixed Combo Lettuce, and Mulberries.

The Zucchini are the first this season.  The PawPaw is only small, but I lost the bulk of the crop, including all the big ones, when the trees got stripped in an earlier winter storm.  


Another view of my home-grown produce
The Mulberries did not last long as I enjoyed them with cereal and yoghurt for my Breakfast.  Some of the Beetroot were a nice addition to the Tomato and Lettuce in my Salad Sandwich for Lunch.

It is very rewarding to enjoy eating the produce from my garden, while at the same time reducing the cost of the grocery bill.  I could not get it any fresher!

No comments:

Post a Comment